■ 15:58 (UTC±00:00), 17 NOV 2015 | GBR UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER HARROW CAMPUS, LONDON
▶ Update (19 Nov 2015): I have also been confirmed as a speaker on urbanisation and the Internet in China at the same event.
I will be part of the UK-China Culture Exchange – 2nd Global China Dialogue: Transculturality and New Global Governance conference. This will be held at the Wolfson Auditorium in the British Academy on 23 & 24 November 2015.
My role at this event at this moment will be as discussant of the second forum on the first day — Civilised dialogue – transcultural and comparative.
Here’s a quick briefer into the conference…
This event will cover the following themes:
- Launching the Journal of China in Comparative Perspective (JCCP) – a dual-language academic journal
- Introducing transculturality and new global governance
- ‘Civilised dialogue’ – transculture and comparison
- Sustainable urbanisation in Europe and China
- School governance in the UK, transcultural education and learning
- Social creativity, transcultural practice and new global governance
This event is organised jointly by CCPN Global, the China Media Centre of the University of Westminster, the Development Institute of Fudan University and YES Global. It has received enthusiastic support from the Cultural Office of the Chinese Embassy to the UK, the Chinese Ministry of Culture, the British Council, the British Sociological Association, the Chinese Association of World Politics Studies and related organizations and academic institutions, as well as all the supporters and sponsors that are participating in this event.
And given how things are working out at the university, this will just be the start of many more such events I’ll be involved in, including at least another event in December 2015 (which we’re just putting the finishing touches to; details soon!). ■ ■ ■